We love warming soups and broths this time of the year. Especially when it's so cold outside. Plus, soups and broths help to increase hydration, and improves gut health.
1. It helps to build strong and healthy bones. Bone broth is rich in protein collagen which helps to build strong and healthy bones.
2. Soups and broths helps to improve digestion and helps to heal the gut. Adding liquids to your diet will help move things along the GI tract. Soups made with bone broth has gelatin with helps to reduce inflammation and heal the intestine lining.
3. Bone broth helps to reduces joint pain and inflammation. Many people take glucosamine in a supplement form to help with joint pain and inflammation. Glucosamine is naturally found in bone broth, thus drinking bone broth helps to reduce joint pain and inflammation.
4. Hot soups helps to improve better sleep and mood. Drinking a bowl of soup will help promote better sleep.
5. Soups and broths helps to support brain health. Essential fatty acids found in bone broth helps to increase brain function.
Here's one of my favorite recipes:
Winter Melon and Pork Bone Broth
Winter melon helps to improve digestion and boost immunity, also packed full of vitamins and minerals
Ingredients: 3L of water 4 cups of winter melon (cut into large chunks) 3 each dried scallops optional: 2 pounds of pork bones optional: pinch of salt
combine ingredients and bring to a boil on high, then simmer on low heat for 45 minutes
Photo by jenvit keiwalinsarid: https://www.pexels.com/photo/bowl-of-soup-3559899/
As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist™ and Certified Personal Trainer, I will focus on all aspects of a person's wellbeing and lifestyle. If you have any questions or comments you can send me an email at BlendaRHN@gmail.com
To see if I can help you book a 1:1 meeting with me here: https://calendly.com/blendachan/meeting
Say "Hi" on social:
The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Blenda Chan. Please note that Blenda Chan is not a dietitian, physician, pharmacist or other licensed healthcare professional. The information on this website is NOT intended as medical advice, nor is it intended to replace the care of a qualified health care professional. This content is not intended to diagnose or treat any diseases. Always consult with your primary care physician or licensed healthcare provider for all diagnosis and treatment of any diseases or conditions, for medications or medical advice as well as before changing your health care regimen.